If you are having trouble logging in, then there are self-service functions that you can access for help. In some cases, you may need to contact your organisation's Delegated Authoriser or the Education Service Desk.
Forgotten username or password
If you have forgotten your username or password, then you can use the following self-service functions for assistance:
- Forgotten username, to request a username reminder email.
- Forgotten password, to request a password reset via email. Your security questions will need to be set up to use this function.
Locked user account
If your ESL user account is locked, you will be notified by email. You can unlock your account yourself by following the Forgotten Password self-service link, to use this you will need to know the answers to your security questions. Alternatively you can contact your organisation's Delegated Authoriser or the Education Service Desk to request your ESL user account be unlocked.
For future reference - ESL Self Service is available for all ESL users and you can use this to remind yourself what your security questions and answers are (and you can also update your security questions and/or answers). Details about ESL Self Service are available below.
ESL Self Service
ESL Self Service is available for all ESL users to view details about their ESL User account including:
- View my details: this page includes your personal user account details and any organisations, applications and roles you have access to.
- My Delegated Authoriser: this page lists all the Delegated Authoriser contacts for the organisations you are part of. Delegated Authorisers are also known as administrators.
- View my account history: this page lists events related to your user account. This can include password resets, password changed, account updates etc.
- Edit my details: you can update some details of your ESL user account; Preferred name, email address or phone number can be updated in this section.
Please Note: Evidence of Identity documents must be provided before any updates can be made to name fields and date of birth and these updates are only able to be made by your organisation's Delegated Authoriser or the Education Service Desk.
- Edit my security questions: you can view and update your security questions for ESL in this section. This allows you to use the Forgotten password section of ESL, if you lock your account or forget your password.
- Change my password: you can update your ESL User account password in this section.
Access ESL Self Service homepage
The link below can be bookmarked or saved to your favourites to access ESL Self Service.